Bee Control & Removal in Buffalo NY
Flying, stinging insects can pose all kinds of threats to the safety of your home or business. There are several different kinds of bees, hornets and wasps.
Please note: We DO NOT exterminate honeybees. Please contact a honeybee keeper in your area for this service.
If you're dealing with carpenter bees, hornets, yellow jackets, or other related pests, read on.
Preparing For Bee Control Services
When the weather warms up, you will begin to see higher activity in all insects. Bees, hornets and wasps have some of the worst stings and bites. They can form nests inside your walls, and as the nest enlarges, they may chew threw your walls or ceiling causing them to enter your home or business.
It is possible to encounter bees inside your home/business in the wintertime. You may see this because they can make nests inside the insulation or walls. The nest will become disturbed when the heat is turned on. You will need an exterminator to locate and treat the nest that is inside your walls or ceiling.
If you locate a nest that is small and it is not treated, it will continue to grow throughout the season!
Trust The Experts For Bee & Wasp Removal in Buffalo
Don't let wasps, hornets, or bees take over your home or business. Let Nuisance No More handle the problem! Call our team today to get started one the bee cotrol process.
- Carpenter bees have a bare, shiny abdomen that's all black with yellow in between the head and abdomen.
- Carpenter bees are about 1 inch long.
- Carpenter bees are attracted to exposed exterior wood, with no paint or stain on it. However, that does not always deter them. Once they become established, they will drill 5/8-inch hole into the wood.
- Saw dust will be left as evidence, as well as yellow/tan marks that appear on surfaces below where they drill. This yellow/tan splatter on the wall is a mixture of pollen, saliva and wood.
- Once a carpenter bee drills into the wood, it will continue to boar in the wood making a tunnel. This tunnel will then be filled with a larvae and pollen deposits. Once the larvae develop, it often breaks through the wood and creates more damage. If the problem goes untreated, the wood can be destroyed. Carpenter bee damage can lead to woodpeckers creating larger holes to your home/business because they want the larvae.
- May-July is the most popular time to see carpenter bees.
- Carpenter bees are most found chewing in decks, houses, fences, sheds and other wooded structures.
Yellow Jackets/ Hornets
- Yellow jackets and hornets are black and yellow color.
- They're the most common type of nuisance.
- They're opportunists. They will make a nest anywhere they feel comfortable such as trees, soffits, siding, and inside the walls. They will also make nests inside abandoned holes from larger animals, most commonly chipmunks or moles.
- The nests are made of a paper like material.
- If they're entering your home, look on the exterior to see where they're coming and going from.
- Look for discoloration on wall or ceiling.
- If their nest has been made near dry wall, they can chew through the wall and enter your home.
- European hornets are yellow and black color, with an orange/red area near the head, and are much larger than a yellow jacket.
- Like yellow jackets, they will make a nest anywhere.
- Their sting is 2 to 3 times more painful than a yellow jacket due to larger amounts of venom.
- European hornets often build their nests in areas such as hollow trees, and openings in walls.
- Outdoor light fixtures may attract European hornets during the night which means there is a nest close by.
- Gold diggers are a mix of black with a reddish/orange base and purplish wings.
- Gold diggers are often found close to the ground and make individual holes in the lawn. This is typically common in loose sandy soil and can have hundreds of holes in a small portion of lawn.
- They're generally more docile than the other hornets/wasps.
- Ground bees are black and yellow in color and look similar to a smaller version of bumble bees.
- Nests are made in the ground.
- Nests are often found when doing yard work such as mowing or gardening.
- They can be fairly aggressive.
- We DO NOT exterminate honeybees.
- It is illegal to exterminate honeybees due to their limited population.
- Honeybee farmers are recommended to come and extract the honeybees in a safe manner.
Bald Faced Hornets
- They are black and white color, with a white head.
- Bald faced hornets seem to be more aggressive and larger than most hornets.
- The nests are usually larger in size and can reach the size of a basketball or larger.
- Bald faced hornets have the ability to sting multiple times because their stingers aren’t barbed.
- Mud wasps are usually skinny and all black in color, almost purplish color in the sun.
- They're attracted to wet areas in order to gather proper nesting materials.
- They will leave mud spots where the nest is made.
- Mud wasps fill their nests with spiders to feed their young once they hatch.