Ant Control & Removal in Buffalo, NY
Ants have been around for millions of years. They are highly organized creatures capable of making nests inside and outside your home. You will start to notice more ant activity as the weather begins to warm in Spring. Nests can be made in trees/shrubs, mulch, interior of homes, and even under cement slabs. Ants can enter your home using different methods such as tree branches, power lines, and walking up the foundation. Once a nest is established in your home, you may see a few ants to hundreds. If you do not properly take care of the issue from the exterior or interior, it can cause damage to your home and create a larger problem.
Ants can travel up to 400 feet to find food from their nest. If you find a trail of ants in your home or outside, try to follow the trail to find the nest so the problem can be eliminated at the source. The most reliable way to ensure that your ant infestation is properly treated is to call Nuisance No More for fast, effective, and safe ant control services for your Buffalo home.
About Our Ant Control Services
We can exterminate a variety of ant species that may be invading your home. There are distinct differences between different kinds of ants that may warrant different kinds of ant removal methods. But rest assured that no matter the size or scope of your ant infestation, the experts at Nusiance No More are standing by with the region's most effecitve ant control services, ready to help you take back your Buffalo home.
Carpenter Ant Facts
- Carpenter Ants like high moisture and rotting, dead wood.
- They leave saw dust or wood shavings as evidence.
- They're attracted to proteins but can go after sugars.
- It is common for ants to infest wood buildings, posts, beams, pillars, rafters, insulation and even siding.
- Carpenter Ants can be considered the large black ants and can develop wings.
- Many homeowners realize they have an issue when flying black ants start coming out of the walls or ceilings. If you have this occuring in your home, it's time to call an ant control professional.
- During the cold weather months, it is possible to find ants in your home. This often means the nest is located inside the house. The nest may become active when turning on the heat.
Pavement Ant Facts
- Pavement ants or sugar ants are dark brown to blackish color. They are also very small, about 1/8" on average.
- They can create small dirt mounds as evidence, for example, in between your cracks in the concrete in your driveway or cement walking path around your house.
- They are attracted to sweets but also like proteins, and have been known to eat everything from fruit and seeds to meat and even other insects.
- They usually enter the home searching for food and water.
- The bathroom and kitchen are common areas for these ants to be found inside your home. As they can contaminate food, if you have this type of ant in your kitchen it's time to call an ant control professional.
Contact Nuisance No More For Buffalo Ant Control and Removal Services
Don't let ants take over your Buffalo home. Contact the WNY ant control experts at Nuisance No More. Take back your home today - call for your ant removal appointment now!